silverfighter

What is your favourite oscar food?

Just wondering what everyone's favourite oscar food would be?

How much and how often?

My oscar gets fed daily with hikari cichlid gold but I'm finding he is a bit skinny compared to a lot of other oscars I have seen. There is never any left overs at meal times and is generally happy to play.

:pop2:

Hey Mate, I too have several Oscars and the Hikari Gold was my go to food for them, they love it and grew well on it, and have colored up very nicely. But like you I have found since they have gotten to a size approaching 30 cm that there bellies arent as full(rounded) as I would like and can look a little emancipated. I find that the Gold is good nutritionally but seems to lack substence(density), I can herar my Oscars chewing it like cornflakes, and I dont find them filling unless I tuck in!! Anyway in the last few weeks I have been feeding them Hikari Food Sticks Search for products and they go nuts for them. They smell 'fishy' and they must be tastier cause they really jostlefor the first go. They seem to be more filling as I am seeing a noticable difference in their stomach profile. It's not cheap, but I highly recommend it. Incidentally my Africans love it too!!

cheers

Gary