bulldrag76

was there a auction last night??????????????

lol. that is what i have been thinking too... it was a late night thou :)

we didnt plan on buying all that much but came home with over 50 fish :)

prices were ridiulously cheap especially towards the end after 11

got a mix of rainbows, albino tin foils, ebjd, long fin albino bn, green sevs and even a few guppies

thanks to the guy that gave me a box at the end of the night as we ran out of room in the 2 i took with me :)

I felt sorry for the sellers :(

There is so much work involved catching and bagging fish etc, not to mention having to get to the auction 2 hours earlier than open time to try and get a good number so that their lots don't come up last and last night was just a sad sad night for them.

I felt sorry for the sellers :(

There is so much work involved catching and bagging fish etc, not to mention having to get to the auction 2 hours earlier than open time to try and get a good number so that their lots don't come up last and last night was just a sad sad night for them.

The unlucky problem with auctions sometimes they work great for the seller, but need atleast 2 people keen on the item

Sounds a good range. I would have had a look at the leleuipi, and the comps.... maybe the brevis.... Feel like I missed out!

Once again sounds like it was a buyers auction, but selling stuff anywhere is not easy at the moment.

Not sure if I'll be selling at an auction again, took my fish in at 3:30 (half an hour after entries 'opened') and had to wait until the third last box, at about 11, when there was about 10 people there.

I spoke to a few other guys too and that just doesn't seem right, did something go wrong, did boxes get mixed up?

Just my opinion as well but I think the reason there's no one there later in the night is simply because it's too late, maybe it should start earlier than 5?

I left with about 10 sellers remaining, it was the most disorganised auction I have attended out of the 10/12 I have been too, it didn't run smoothly and it left a LOT of very unhappy sellers with a few withdrawing fish.... something needs to be done about the amount of chit chat on stage, especially the explanations of certain fish every time a lot comes up, venustus are a good example! and the talk about americans being added to the noxious list every time a bag was up for auction....... it just dragged out the night longer than needed, I really do feel for the sellers,

I managed to pick up 5x 5cm albino plecs for $25 the bag.. 5x 5cm common plecs $20 the bag..... some BN sold for more!

anyone know who was selling the plecs above? please send me a pm if you do

I left with about 10 sellers remaining, it was the most disorganised auction I have attended out of the 10/12 I have been too, it didn't run smoothly and it left a LOT of very unhappy sellers with a few withdrawing fish.... something needs to be done about the amount of chit chat on stage, especially the explanations of certain fish every time a lot comes up, venustus are a good example! and the talk about americans being added to the noxious list every time a bag was up for auction....... it just dragged out the night longer than needed, I really do feel for the sellers,

I managed to pick up 5x 5cm albino plecs for $25 the bag.. 5x 5cm common plecs $20 the bag..... some BN sold for more!

anyone know who was selling the plecs above? please send me a pm if you do

The thing that got me was when some fish were brought back up like 3 or 4 time, I think the golden endlers were a good example of this.

I agree, don't think I will be selling again either :(

yep will have to think about if its worth selling ,as ginger said its hard everywhere atm ,earlier start would be ok but people work ,who knows what the answer is . thanks to all the volunteers last night .

the answer is a way to make it fair for all sellers, not just the members or volunteers, if you are charging non members 10% extra commission it should be fair on everyone not members getting all the early numbers, one of the members even rocked up late with fish and they were accepted and got auctioned off before all of the non members, how does that work?

Yer the talk going on and on about very standard fish, it just held up every thing. I saw one bag of fish go for peanuts and 5 min later the auctioneer wanted double for less fish. Fair enough if the seller has a reserve but that's not helping to sell the fish