liquidg

A beautiful water change at the point!

After 15 years of all that can be done with varied algae’s import/export capacities and life styles, now I am back to the trendy ways I used in the eighties for reef keeping, well in some ways.

Doing a water change has not been a regular thing for me for near 15 years, now all my tubs and tanks are on one system and NWMS is no where near big enough to cope with all that phosphate!

So its back to my reactor, a simple skimmer and water changes added to my NWMS.

It was more so for the dogs I must admit, they love what we call the “boat ramp beach” when I take them as an outing once most of the boats are out and gone.

Lots to sniff and lift a leg around the boat ramps, lol!

This was the sunset at Cleve point late today as I grabbed three 20 litre buckets as a minor water change.

face-boat-ramp-sun-set-_zps73cfcbde.jpg

True, you never know hey.

Our new pup was funny the other day at his first boat ramp trip. we pulled up in the boat and my wife met us there and the water police were there and checking all of us, so any way they had finished having a look and when my other half wasn't watching the pup, the other cop had gotten some hamburgers for dinner for all the police there, this was near sunset and our pup tried to pinch one of the burgers sitting on the cars bonnet,lol. He is a cocky little jack Russell.

This is him.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10201784325161066&set=a.10201073448269588.1073741836.1569796931&type=3&theater

Edited by liquidg

Hey Liquidg, what's the water like at cleveland point compared to Wello or wynumm. I usually visit wynnum boat ramp or darling point and the water is silty but settles out ok. Is cleveland cleaner do you think they're all the same?