Smaller American cichlid types??

All the cryptoheros work for me.....

Blue eyes.....Cryptoheros spilurus

Pet City has some nice young septemfasciatus

Get a Good strain of convicts....they can be stunners

salvini

certain geophagus sp.

ellioti

Can you put ellioti with red heads ozmo would love some ellioti to go with my red heads if compatible

and what is that geo in your avatar ? have not seen that much colour in geo ever

Can you put ellioti with red heads ozmo would love some ellioti to go with my red heads if compatible

and what is that geo in your avatar ? have not seen that much colour in geo ever

If you are referring to Geophagus sp. "Tapajos Orange Head" and Ellioti then yes. However, I highly recommend only single sex Ellioti. They become quite nasty little beasts when breeding or even courting IME.

I currently have 7 male Ellioti in with several Geophagus varients without any issues.

... and what is that geo in your avatar ? have not seen that much colour in geo ever

There has been much debate over him. He has the physical characteristics of a brachybranchus (black throat), Tocantins (extra long filaments) and the coloring of a really bright C/V.

I'll try to get some more pics of him later tonight as he has grown a fair amount and now has a quite a modest nuchal hump.

If you are referring to Geophagus sp. "Tapajos Orange Head" and Ellioti then yes. However, I highly recommend only single sex Ellioti. They become quite nasty little beasts when breeding or even courting IME.

I currently have 7 male Ellioti in with several Geophagus varients without any issues.

These were sold as red heads tapajos and the Geophagus sp. orange head where in another tank so is this a variant breed as I have read that a lot of these Geophagus have yet to be properly named scientifically that is, that is why I am so interested in the breed

There has been much debate over him. He has the physical characteristics of a brachybranchus (black throat), Tocantins (extra long filaments) and the coloring of a really bright C/V.

I'll try to get some more pics of him later tonight as he has grown a fair amount and now has a quite a modest nuchal hump.

Eartheaters arrrg have to learn 13 years worth of fish keeping again but hey one week and I am totally obsessed

Thanks for the help on this one ozmo

These were sold as red heads tapajos and the Geophagus sp. orange head where in another tank so is this a variant breed as I have read that a lot of these Geophagus have yet to be properly named scientifically that is, that is why I am so interested in the breed

The two fish you saw may well have been Geophagus sp. "Araguaia Orange Head" and Geophagus sp. "Tapajos Orange Head".

This is what I have learned to accept. The fish labelled as "red head Tapajos" when first exported for aquaria, were referred to as Geophagus sp. "Tapajos Orange Head", so that name was given priority.

Hope that helps.

The two fish you saw may well have been Geophagus sp. "Araguaia Orange Head" and Geophagus sp. "Tapajos Orange Head".

This is what I have learned to accept. The fish labelled as "red head Tapajos" when first exported for aquaria, were referred to as Geophagus sp. "Tapajos Orange Head", so that name was given priority.

Hope that helps.

Yes that is on the money read that word for word from about ten million post and forums lol

just needed some reassurance from someone who keeps this fish

The reason I chose these over other Geophagus sp. "Tapajos Orange Head" is the dominate red colour in fins even when young

I don,t mind the Geophagus sp. "Araguaia Orange Head" but I think I have made the right choice with these guys and I made sure for breeding reasons to buy all at once so no mix ups to keep the breed true.

S#$t you really know your Eartheaters will post some pics when sand fog dies down, bloody play sand lol

and a big thanks for replying to my bombardment of questions