ageofaquariums

Shogun 500w Heaters have arrived !!!. Priced at an awesome Introductory Special ..

Shogun 500w Aquarium Heaters Now in Stock at a Great Introductory price of only $59.95 ( well $53.95 for QLDAF Members ).

Digital LED read out with built in memory that remembers last shutdown temperature.

Precise temperature control with a tolerance accuracy of 0.5 degrees Celsius

Energy saving design

Quality tested

For fresh & salt water

Safety cut off circuit ensures the unit does not overheat even when the water level drops sharply.

Will power off automatically if removed out of the water.

Heating function turns off automatically and shows 'HH' when temperature exceeds 35 degrees.

Shatter resistant safety glass

Heater Guard included

2 Year Warranty

Rated for up to 1000 litres ( based on manufactures recommendations )

length: 52cm

- We have tested these units and have found them to maintain an even temperature in aquariums up to 1500 litre's depending on ambient temp.

Link - Age of Aquariums - Shogun Heater 500w * Introductory Special *

Ben :eek:

Nice one, I was just about to buy another Jager but I might give these a go.

In the 1500ltr tank you tested in was the heater in a sump or just in the main tank?

Just won't be on all the time, I'd say it would also cost you a fair bit more to run..

Larger heaters dont tend to cost any more to heat an aquarium, as they come on for much shorter periods.

End of the day they are more efficient than a heater that is too small + they get the job done.

On the plus side, having a larger heater does let you do larger water changes in winter. I just fill up a bit slower and keep an eye on the thermometer.

[MENTION=9246]Donny@ageofaquariums[/MENTION] ......... Do you know if in the 1500ltr tank you tested it in, was the heater in a sump or in the main tank?

I asked yesterday, peeps been on since then and I thought id give it another go this morning. Don't worry Im used to it now.

Edited by DVS969

These heaters are fine when placed horizontally. The important thing is to ensure the entire heater remains submerged.

I do not know if the heater was in the display or the sump of the customers 1500L display, but I do know that it was an indoor tank.

Apologies on the delay for the reply. Busy day here at AOA, and I dont usually log onto the forum until I get home from work.

Always welcome to give us a call if you require product advice :D

Will let the boss answer the other wattage model questions, prob depends on how well these 500W ones sell :)

Hey man, I always answer your questions when I have a chance.

I am the last person to snob someone!

:D

Yeah I will say it was before you started there. All good mate and cheers for the reply!!!

Hey Guys

Just picked up one of these heaters today and am a little confused about the instructions.

Instructions in the box says to press and hold the temp adjustment knob at the top for approx 3 sec until the LED displays flashing "HH"

When i do this the temp number just starts flashing but not show "HH" in the display

I also don't seem to be able to turn the temp adjusting knob. Is this normal ? When I press the temp number button it changes the temp setting instead.

I've turned off my old heater and the tank temp temp has slowly dropped on my thermometer but the display on the Shogun has not changed from 29 for the last 12hrs (heater is set to 27) so the heater has not come on.

Do you think the heater is too big for my setup (6x2x2) approx 600 Litres? or is there something wrong with my heater?

Thanks

Jason