Sign in to follow this  
Paul Bingham

Sunken Belly

I have a Red Zeb that has a sunken belly. It hasn't always been that way. He seems happy. His poo isn't clear or stringy link i have about what happens with worms. How do i make him healthily again?

Any chance of a picture?

More curious about the amount of meat either side of its dorsal fin.

if there isnt much AKA it has a knife edge back, then more food will surely help.

But if it has good meat/fat deposits elsewhere, the cause is likely to be more complicated.

I was trying to get a pic before i posted this but i had no luck getting one that was any good. He is eat just as much as all the others in the tank if that helps.

Ill try again tomorrow to get a pic.

I got sunken gut in my africans a while back did a little research and found that my ph was to low and my kh was unstable so i made the required alterations and after about 3 weeks they were all good again and have never had a problem since but like donny said it could be alot more complicated.

I get it occasionally but notice it more on the smaller/ shyer fish that don't get as much food. Feed them up and it's fine. My pH is 8.2 and the rest are great but never tested kh or gh

Sign in to follow this