kbrookes

Is this filter config a problem?

I've been trying to find the sweet spot between enough flow to properly filter the tank and not so much that it bothers the fish. With the Tank Maid (400lph) they were cowering in a corner. With its replacement (350lph) I have a lot more options. It's a 54L tank.

As you can see in the video above, I've got the new filter at one end with a spray bar on. I actually like the aesthetics of the air bubbles and certainly the tank does get clear - I did a 25% water change yesterday with a huge change in the layout, so I went to bed with a cloudy tank, woke up with it like this.

Is it enough?

Thanks Don, I spent a fair amount of time researching just what should go in. I've never particularly liked angels or gourami, so find the right balance of not-so-typical and interesting was the goal.

Yes, rosey tetras, a couple of corys, a small bevy of bristlenoses and the two Bolivians. I'd love to add some celestial pearl danios or two mor Bolivians, but I think the latter would be pushing it.

Thanks for the spray bar tip, I'll do that.

Really? I'd actually like to go to sand, but assumed it would be harder to keep clean. At the moment I just stir up the gravel before getting the vacuum in there.

I'd also love to breed the Bolivians, but I'm assuming that I've got two males, not enough space for more and the wrong substrate.