trippa02

Importing Fish Question

Hi All,

Yes it's been a very long time since I've been on here. Been busy with work, reno's and keeping the missus happy.

Since I've been away I have noticed that fish quality is becoming hard to find (colourings of fish not as good). I've heard a few things as to why but the main reason that keeps popping up is that the fish have been bred that much here in Australia that most likely every fish is related a bit to close. Just wondering (don't have to mention it on here just pm me if you'd like) who gets their fish imported or has had fish imported from Africa? Who did you use? and what was the quality like?

I had another idea of doing a trip over there getting the required permits or working with someone that has them and catching my own, but that's a wild idea and may do it later on down the track.

Shane

Yeah, it's a matter of finding the good ones for sale. Got tired of getting babies as I like to watch fish grow up and the colour they had came up great just not as good as you see from wild caughts (obviously) or even 5 or 6 times down that line.

Who imports them or where can I buy the imported ones? Yes I'm talking about tangs too. I have a very noce colony of Kigoma fronnies and got some orange bemba tropheus but the tropheus's orange on the males didn't come out with the full band and the other section that I would think should be orange has come off in a grey sort of colour.