Sign in to follow this  
BarryToucher

IBC cut in half, can I use both sides as ponds?

Hey guys,

I'm looking at setting up an IBC cut in half inside a 2.1x1.5x2m bird aviary that's closed in 3 out of the four sides.

Looking at housing a Macquarie short neck turtle in one with local caught gudgeons, the other half will be rainbow fish and gudgeons together.

My question is, "Am I able to use an IBC cut in half as a pond, as in both sides useable?"

I will have a fly screen cover over both that will be latched done with hinges in one side, a t8 duel baton 4 foot light with reptile globes over the turtle side and just 12v led Cree spot lights over the other side. I'm thinking of a canister for each and heaters as well, and some 700lph internals to keep the water always moving.

Is this at all feasible?

Or am I just dreaming? I could buy two! the turtle ones the important one as we have two! Both were in a 4.5 foot tank and the male has bitten off the toes of the female, so she gets the pond and he can live in the tank! Both turtles are my sisters, I'm the fish dude, but I've offered to take her off her hands, she's currently in a 2 foot =[ keep in mind they are only just over palm sized at the moment.

I will also get a Bigger turtle dock for her, plus that "pond" will only be 3/4 full at most.

Regards!

Nathan =]

I’d go a full size one for the turtle more room to swim and lager body of water is always better for their messy nature

as for the bows and stuff i hope it works, because I’ve been thinking about doing the same thing lately. just leave the fish in there pond in the back yard to do their thing. as long as you get an ibc with a cap, ( there used to store chemicals and stuff like that so most should have them) just silicon the thread and put the cap on cut it in half and flip it over? granted it would be out of the cage they come in too when this all happened... as long as they hold their shape should be fine.

Sign in to follow this