Peter

air curtain blocked

Recently purchased a new 4ft air curtain but not all air holes appear to work. Most of the air seems to bubble through the end outlet.

What's the best way to prepare the air curtain. Ihave already soaked it in hot water.Any advice greatly appreciated. :)

Peter

air20curtains.jpg

ac9904.jpg

Run me through it.

Assume you bought these items to run a curtain of bubbles along the back of your 4ft display tank. How would you connect it together and set it up. Remember you are speaking to an absolute beginner and habitual thickhead. :)

Most of the air seems to bubble through the end outlet.

It looks like the air curtain has an air inlet at each end, usually do for this length.

Is so you will need to connect an air line from the air pump to each end of the curtain. Other wise the air will pass straight through and out the end not through the tiny bubble holes.

I would have a look at your air flow and U have to have and air line in both ends

And I put the air pump on a chux just to make shore no dust gets in to the air lines to block the air stones

If its blocked put it out in the sub till it drys out then give it a quick wash

But most of those air curtians need a fair bit of air to run and the depth of your water can and will determan how much air flow U will get

Roo

I think the problem is the glue has come unstuck at one end holding a plastic inlet to the tubing and the air is escaping. Will need to do emergency gluing operation.

Recommended glue???? or will any do as long as it has time to completly/dry or cure?? :?:

th_IMG_6320.jpg

th_IMG_6317.jpg

It would be too much effort to send it back and it was only $15. I also fear I may have loosened it myself with my hot water treatment in which case it was my own fault.

Will try silicone and wait for it to cure.

Thankyou to Roo, GS, Thomas and Herefishiefishie for the quick response and help. This is what makes for a great forum community.

I will go back to my footy tipping now. At least I'm having some success there.

Regards

Wattsy