Jayden

Setting up american/predator tank.

Hi guys, im looking for a 6x2x2 or bigger tank to set up a predator tank.

Not 100% sure how to go about it fish wise.

Just a few queries.

Are frontosa ok to have by themselves or a pair at most? Or are they waaaayyy better off in a colony? I would like one maybe 2 but i dont want a group.

Other than that, is it ok to have single rivulatus, oscars, red devils, SGT, Salvini etc?

Also how would aus natives go in there?

ONE last question. I want some cool catfish in there aswell, dont wanna spend an arm and a leg on something super expensive but i do want some cool catfish. What are some suggestions?

Thanks in advance guys and sorry for 100 questions.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Frontosas are African for one. They require high ph water for the fish to thrive in. Most of your Americans prefer lower ph or neutral. If you want those Americans I buy them when they are little but Id say you will have some dramas later on with aggression. I wouldn't do Australian natives in there bar a couple (toga and Australian catfish). They are usually on either too docile or too aggressive to mix with Americans. But I'm sure others will say different.

For catfish... I have Nfi Haha but plenty of peeps on here know their L numbers

Edited by Brodie-S/A-C

They are too.... sorry for the ignorance. Haha

I do plan on buying them all as juvies. And growing them up from there. That way when i start them on the good food, it should give them a better chance of being nice fish, colour, health wise etc. Rather than getting them from someone i dont exactly trust with fish and not knowing how theyve been treated.

Also, its a cheaper way too :) lol

Will a toga go ok with the americans?

Whats an NFI? as much as i like the L numbers, im more talking along the lines of swimming catfish. Like pictus, eel tailed cats, shovel nose cats, salmon tail cats etc.

I already have a nice gold spotted pleco, and will find myself a nice L333, and that will do me for suckers :)

will find myself a nice L333, and that will do me for suckers :)

It will become an expensive feeder lol

Yeah...I wouldnt have any L number in an aggressive american tank, it will either get eaten, or at the very least stop being a display fish.

Just go with a pleco, a raphael cat or two, and go stock up with fish junkie or ozmo.

Edited by goneself
Speeling

Ok done. I dont mind the raphaels, are they hard to find? Or worth a bit?

Might find another type aswell.

Ok done. I dont mind the raphaels, are they hard to find? Or worth a bit?

Might find another type aswell.

Pretty easy to get there about $40 for 5cm at a Lfs but 50 is the norm for a 10-15cm on the forum