lol thats not cloudy, few days and filter would have it sparkling.

Are you already raging at tiny bits of lava rock on the white sand?

XD

lookin' good man

Haha little bit, didn't think about that when choosing white sand and lava rock together.

Massive thanks to [MENTION=2664]cichlidwife[/MENTION] for the lids, perfect fit and thanks to Ben [MENTION=2383]ageofaquariums[/MENTION] for the light can't wait for it to arrive. Will get some pics up with it stocked and new light soon

Tank under lights at night, the new LED light should be here tomorrow or wednesday :D, still needs a few more fish but I think [MENTION=11967]Obeice[/MENTION] :rofl:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53888[/ATTACH]

Hahaha... We can sort that out mate when you pop around next Saturday and pick up your fire fish, we'll have a look in the grow out IBC sure there's a few in there to choose from, demasoni, electric yellows, Maingano, mpanga, venstus, couple of electric blues floating around there somewhere and a stack of common bn.... Glad those yellows of yours have finally started showing a little color :P

Must say you've done a good job on that tank looks awesome mate,once we throw some of my stock in there to add some color and life it'll look awesome

Edited by Obeice

Now what should I use this tank for now the africans are in there new home???????

More Africans :D maybe some bristlenose nice little tank full of drift wood and plants would look cool or some more Africans hahaha

Would be nice to have some L numbers but they get pricey. Liked the idea of planted discus but not sure if I want to spend that much, or just go tang tank

Everything is running smoothly, been 2 weeks would I be right to turn the uv on now? The 3 foot still sits its currently holds fish I don't know what to do with 1 pindani and 2 plecos (if anyone interested), also got my dragon blood and orange spot that will move to the 4ft soon

Hi I am one day planning on setting up a 4x2x2 custom African cichlid aquarium aswell...

with a diy pine cabinet. The cabinet will be wrapped with some MDF all round 'to give it a nice modern appearance' I will also have 2 modern fairly big cabinet doors I will build in too.

It will be painted gloss black, with built in lighting and a nice canister filter

Hi Neptune, i guess you have ben reading a lot lately and have gone farrrr back in our forum to find this thread haha, It is a great looking cabinet thats for sure.

Can I suggest, from my own recent experiences, build a small stand first that holds a lighter load - it gives you the chance to figure what is important with the build process and can be done far cheaper than a structural timber stand supporting over 500 kgs. There are some awesome DIY plans and building tips on youtube - assuming you have a modest exp with woodwork and carpentry. If you are a builder etc, then just jump right in :D

Such as KING OF DIY?

Hi IsaRich, I have had 5 years exp. with Fish and Aquariums, I enjoy my fish as they are my favourite animal and I love aquariums, so I am going to buy a 4x2x2ft aquarium in future and I will plan on building a 4ft modern cabinet aswell... JUST LIKE FISHFISH'S cabinet

I have many aquariums running and I have about 200 fish in total, I also breed them and sell them.

Edited by NEPTUNE